Are you looking for a concrete waterproofing sealer that’s quick and easy to use?
Concrete maintenance is often one of the last things to be looked at on a DIY to-do list, and with the different types of concrete available, it can be difficult to know how to maintain it.
If your home or business has concrete that needs to be kept in its ultimate condition that’s protected against water damage – then we’re here to tell you about the best concrete waterproofing sealer that will get your job done!
Why use a concrete waterproofing sealer?
Standard concrete may seem strong enough on its own without any waterproofing sealer or repair treatment. Concrete may already seem waterproof; however, that’s not entirely the case.
Concrete is naturally porous and prone to water absorption. The tiny pores of a concrete slab and foundation can absorb water if not treated with a waterproofing concrete sealer.
Using a concrete waterproofing sealer prevents cracks from forming, and the more cracks that appear, the more water can get in.
The wear and tear of concrete will slowly show over time, but if the surface of the concrete starts to deteriorate, then the inside structure may be as well.
This deterioration is what you want to avoid. Not only can this turn into a big job to fix, but a timely and costly one too.
Prevention is crucial, and using a waterproof sealant provides the answer.
Additional benefits to using a concrete waterproof sealant:
- Reduce excessive mould and mildew build-up
- Water resistance and dampness prevention
- Strengthened structure – less moisture, fewer cracks, and less vulnerability to all weather elements
- Increased property value – having waterproofed concrete in all the areas of your home or business gives potential buyers the confidence there won’t be any costly maintenance issues
- A rich and glossy appearance that looks clean and professional
- A finish that helps resist acid, oil, grease, and general stains
What concrete sealer should I use?
Installing Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant and Liquid Rubber Smooth Coating is simple and easy!
- Ensure a clean, dry surface using Cohe Quick Clean.
- Bridge joints and cracks with Liquid Rubber Seam Tape.
- Apply 1 Layer of Liquid Rubber Primer. 1 litre does 2 square metres. Leave it to dry for 12 hours.
- Apply Liquid Rubber Waterproof Sealant using a brush or roller from our Application Kit
- apply a minimum final thickness of 1 litre per 1 square meter; it should be around 2-3 heavy coats
- 20 litre pail will coat up to 40 square meters
- for larger areas you can pour out and roll around
- Apply the next coat after 12 hours – tacky is okay
- Apply above 10 degrees celsius
Do not apply when rain or dew is forecast.
Waterproof and repair your concrete the easy way
If you want to waterproof your concrete, there’s no easier way than Liquid Rubber.
Our Liquid Rubber is just one of the amazing waterproofing products here at Cohe.
Not only are our range of products quick and easy to use, but we provide DIY products that are environmentally friendly, non-toxic, cost-effective, and of the highest quality.
We are well-established in the market and stocked at most Mitre10 stores nationwide; Liquid Rubber is a winner and has helped Kiwis all over New Zealand in their backyards for years.
Our products are ideal for home or professional use.
Fix your concrete this summer with confidence and call us today or download our free application guide that will get you on your way to finishing your concrete project.
Get in touch with any questions you have about how we can help you with any DIY project, and one of our experienced team members is happy to help.
Cohe are suppliers of innovative construction products that allow for a quick, efficient, environmentally friendly and cost effective repair, for both DIY and commercial applications. Stay tuned for tips and news from our world.