moss and mould killer

Winter is approaching and before it sets in, now is the time to remove any moss or mould on your house before the cold weather brings dampness, which often promotes more moss, mould and fungus.

If you’ve found moss or mould in your home or building, there’s a high chance that there will be plenty more where that came from, and removal of the moss and mould is now a priority.

Moss and mould and other growths are not only harmful to your health, but they cause expensive damage to your home if left untreated.

We’ve come up with an affordable safe and easy way for you to remove moss and mould DIY style with our Cohe Moss and Mould Killer.

What is the difference between moss and mould?

Moss and mould may look similar, but they are in fact very different from each other. Moss is a plant that converts sunlight and dissolved soil minerals into the energy it needs to grow and reproduce. It has very few uses, but one of its uses is gardening.

Mould is a fungus that is made up of multiple cells and gets energy from the organic matter it lives on. Mould grows best in damp and poorly ventilated areas and reproduces by making airborne spores. Unlike moss, mould doesn’t need sunlight to live.

Why should you remove moss and mould from your home?

Why remove moss?

Moss is bad for any building material and can cause expensive damage. It draws moisture from that material, breaks down its colour first, and etches progressively more deeply into the product. Worse still, it can lead to rotting and provides cover for fungus, which is much more destructive as the fungus has the ability to decompose materials.

Why remove mould?

Although mould is a natural part of our ecosystem, when household mould growth gets out of hand it can not only affect your home but your family’s health.

Moulds are present virtually everywhere, indoors, and outdoors and can grow in and on materials such as food, furniture, fabrics, carpets, walls, paper, roofs, timber, and plumbing. Mould can cause leaks, stains and rot which can lead to costing you thousands of dollars in repair costs.

Mould can also make your home uninviting and worn down.

However, the number one reason why you should remove moss and mould is for your family’s health.

Moulds produce allergens (substances that can cause an allergic reaction), irritants and, sometimes, toxic substances. Inhaling or touching mould spores may cause an allergic reaction, such as sneezing, a runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash. Moulds can also cause asthma attacks and lung issues.

moss and mould killer to remove spots

Cohe Moss & Mould Killer

Cohe are providers of innovative, affordable, and environmentally conscious products.

Our removal product, Cohe Moss & Mould Kill is chlorine-free and provides long-lasting control of moss, mould, lichen, and algae.

It’s an affordable solution and super simple to use for the removal of these unpleasant growths.

You can use Cohe Moss & Mould removal products almost anywhere, including:

  • Concrete,
  • Pavers
  • Pool surrounds
  • Fibrolite
  • Timber
  • Outdoor
  • Furniture
  • Astro-grass
  • Fibreglass
  • Canvas
  • Iron
  • Colour steel
  • Weatherboards and so much more

And, if you are unsure about the material you need to treat get in touch with us to find out if Cohe Moss & Mould Kill is suitable for you.

Cohe Moss and Mould Killer

How to remove moss and mould the safe and easy way

Cohe Moss & Mould Kill is super simple to use. It’s long-lasting and extra effective at removing growths from a wide range of surfaces.

We know that the DIY way is popular with Kiwis across New Zealand, and we all to some extent, think of ourselves as ‘DIYers’. This product is the best no-fuss moss and mould killer that you can use at home.

Instructions for use

  • Ensure your surfaces are clean and free of loose debris. Use a broom or leaf blower to help clear any loose matter away.
  • Make sure the spray will not contaminate water sources (if you have water out for pets move it away to prevent overspray. Or, if you have a water tank connected to the roof or gutters, make sure you disconnect them for at least 14 days after spraying).
  • Use a low-pressure sprayer, and dilute Cohe Moss & Mould Kill with water at a 1:20 ratio (You can alter this ratio depending on how much growth there is on your surfaces).
  • Then, all you need to do is spray Cohe Moss & Mould killer onto the surface, and then walk away.
  • Done – it’s really that simple.

Our mould and moss killing solution works so well because it takes time to actively target the new growth of spores. Over just a few months you will see the product working and taking effect with complete results around the three-month mark.

Tips for moss and mould removal

  • For best results allow a dry contact time of at least 3 hours. Most surfaces do not require rinsing although some aged painted surfaces may require a rinse to avoid streaking
  • Best applied first thing in the morning or last thing at night onto a cool surface to minimise evaporation
  • For optimum results apply in sunny and dry conditions with no rain expected for at least 12 hours

Moss and mould killer DIY on roof

Use the Moss and Mould Killer that works

Don’t let moss and mould shorten the life span of your roof, damage your paint and rot the exterior of your home by using Cohe Moss & Mould Kill as soon as the problem appears.

By eliminating moss and mould from your property, you’re creating a safer and healthier environment for your household while saving on potential repair expenses in the future.

For more information or to get useful downloads you can access them here.

If you have any questions or need assistance from one of our Cohe experts, contact us today and we’ll be happy to help you make your home a safer place to live in.